Tuesday 4 May 2010

The devil wears Tibi, lives in Hotels and is gifted everything

So something about the fact that Carmen Kass wears glasses makes me smile inside (bet she struggles down the catwalk without em!) But something about that comment makes me sound like a bitter fool, of course she can walk down the catwalk without them, there are countless maxfactor ads and VogueTV to prove it...so why do i still make these petty little comments...I want to be Olivia Palermo, yet I hate her at the same time? When is this going to give?
Hate...so much hate.
So its obvious
I want to be a cute and connected, society girl. Amy Yates, darling of New York. The question is how do I get people to discover the secrets of my big-city style?
Amy Yates; English trendster with Sex and the City appeal and eyebrows to remember.
I pretty much think this every single day, at some point.
The fact that the June 2010 issue of Vogue came through the post today may just have tipped me over the edge (actually loving the cover of this issue, apart from the fact it is not tarnished with a famous face, there is something perfectly imperfect about it. Nonchalance springs to mind...) and I dont know wether to laugh or cry, due to the sheer stress of it!
When I find the answer, then you guys will definitely be the first to know.
For the moment I will continue to paint my nails the oh so now mint green shade, whilst only wearing my Marc by Marc Jacobs headband and Vivienne Westwood handkerchief to keep me warm, reading my copy of the latest Vogue that doesn't actually hit shops for another few days, teetering in my new peep toe nude platforms from Primark because I like totally do high street aswell and waiting for my l'eau ambree Prada sample I sent off for that is hopefully in the post. All whilst listening to George Michael's Faith. Oh my relationship with fashion is a rocky one. 

As I cant instantly have what I want then I will settle for the last word
...for now;
All this may help; books, magazines, the web, music, tea, dictionaries
but, at the end of the day (scuse the lovely phrase..) only you can find the answers for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment