Wednesday 19 May 2010

Amy Queen of Shops

So, I went shopping!
Two weeks ago now! Sorry it has taken so long, but it is very time-consuming to artfully place and capture my purchases (too many of them eek!) especially when you are in the life threatening business that is exams! So this is my poor attempt at showcasing my wares.
 
Fashion is fun because for me it's not necessarily about looking 'good' or 'chic', don't get me wrong that's definitely a bonus - but fashion is wearable art, which is way more fun than paintings in a gallery or sculptures in a museum that you aren't allowed to touch...
In any case a shopping excursion is a shopping excursion; typically the activity of visiting shops and stores to look at and buy things. In my case goods were bought...and plenty of them. (stripe maxi, print dress and stud top all H&M, Twiggy pendant JuJu) I love these three pieces very much because they are somewhere between simple and careless/messy. I have visions of grey jeans and thick brown leather belts, acid wash denim and leather jackets...lovingly stacked a top 5 inch footwear for which I have a fond affection.



Drape dress and jewellery all Warehouse, dress (just seen) Topshop








Patent pumps (below) Topshop 
pretty fierce but completely cute


Haven't managed to put the whole lot up but will put up outfit pics as soon as.










GUESS WHAT! ...I found the dress! remember the perfect nude one that I fell in love with? and nearly got a slap round the face for...
Beautiful isn't it.










A parting note: I will be watching the Gossip Girl Season Finale tonight, something which I will definitely not apologise for. Hopefully this episode is better than the recent Miss Selfridge high street collection. I don't know about the storyline, it's a bit too Justin Bieber for me, but I'm praying for a glimpse of Balenciaga! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment