Sunday 25 April 2010

Feminism isn't completely dead, you know

S/s 2010 heralds new light and new life...cue the return of florals :)

But not as we know them...this year much have taken the form of silk prints (I dont really know what this means or involves...but it gives a beautifully graphic form to wonder at) , courtesy of the fashion victor Erdem Moralioglu. Ever since this photo 
 (a/w 2009) 
I have taken note. (I am going to make myself this skirt) 


If this here photo 
does not inspire you to pick a bunch of florals, divorce black and start investigating Erdems little peices of art, then you need to consider undergoing a renaissance. (Note the full stop for effect)
Do not listen if somebody says "only someone with kamikaze-defying style sensors can carry florals off" (i will not say who stated this as I am a regular reader/fan of her column, so I am letting her off) because florals are too good to give up on!!




So make like a floral warrior and  walk in the garden of Erdem...
And finally, a parting note: FLORALS...enough said xx

No comments:

Post a Comment